Foundation members of the SCC include:
- Ballmer Group Philanthropy
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Campion Foundation
- Cedarmere Foundation
- Medina Foundation
- Satterberg Foundation
- Sherwood Trust
- Seattle Foundation
- Social Venture Partners
Shared beliefs that guide our work:
- We can do more together than any of our individual organizations can do alone.
- We serve as strong advocates for the nonprofit sector, a sector that includes service providers, grantseekers, and grantmakers.
- We recognize that local needs and solutions may look different across the state and require unique support.
- We value transparency about our efforts and investments in order to continuously learn from our collective and individual successes and challenges.
- We openly acknowledge and discuss the inherent power dynamics in our work, considering the impact and influence of our process and actions.
Actions we will employ:
- To leverage both our financial and human capital as we all benefit from the diversity of resources, time and connections we each bring to the table.
- To invest in the advancement of strategies that will realize long-term impact for the sector. At the same time, we aim to balance this with the need for flexible and responsive dollars for new ideas and approaches.
- To share and replicate promising practices when appropriate and welcomed.
- To encourage other funders – corporate, public and individual – to join our efforts.